Saturday, January 01, 2005

new year's day musing

i am a little unimpressed with new year's day as a holiday.

i hardly drank last night. sat around. my brother-in-law came over with his family. it was alright, though he insisted i should try his scotch and criticized my choice of vodka (smirnov, best cheapest brand). it wasn't all bad, but oh well. joseph showed up later. he's a really good friend.

been debating moving a lot lately. either to boston or austin. i am convinced austin may be the best choice.

my list...

1. closer to here, hence:
a. cheaper to move
b. closer to family and friends
c. my teacher cert. still applies

2. i have friends in austin already

3. damn good city
a. music
b. food
c. people

4. its perfectly situated between our family centers (where her parents and my parents live), in case kids pop out. you know...

5. i have alway put down people who moved to austin, now i can mock myself

6. its further north than here, but no so far north that i freeze my ass of in the winter.

7. 6th street / south x southwest

8. dan solomon (old friend, lives in austin)

9. outside chance of going to UT for my masters (way outside chance)

10. other safety colleges nearby (lol)

so there you go. i want to move to austin this summer.

oh yeah, and happy new years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home