Tuesday, March 08, 2005

In the Philosophy section of Barnes and Noble

title of a book: "A New You: Words to Soothe the Mind, Body, and Spirit"

I remember taking Philosophy in college. it was one of the most distressing subjects I took the entire time i was in college. i was forced to come to grips with inconsistencies within myself and my personal philosophy. I was dragged into realizations about my religion and viewpoints on life and eternity. it was horribly painful. even now, thinking back, i remember going home with my mind full of questions and doubts. so when did philosophy become "words to soothe the mind, body, and spirit"? i loved reading about socrates' "examined life", but it hurt like a mother fucker. realizing that i had holes throughout my theory on life was eye-opening and earth-shattering.

so fuck you to the people who think that philosophy is soul soothing and relaxing. you have no clue what is going on in the world around you. you are an embarressment to western culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home