Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Really Strange Morning

i don't know how to describe the morning i had in one word, so let me lay it all out for you. i woke up this morning after the customary 3 snooze punches. the wife woke up and we talked for about 5 minutes. when i got up to get in the shower i was hit with a huge wave of fear and dread. i didn't want to get in the shower. it's kind of stupid, a grown man acting like this, i know. about 2 weeks ago, i had seen an ad for the new Michael Keaton (when i did spell check, the machine read this name as Satan) movie, "white noise". then i spotted a newsline (or something) ad for a show they were doing on the premise of the movie (that when listening to static or white noise you can hear the voices of the dead), and in the ad they played this tape of static with a voice over the top of it saying (creepily, of course) "get out of my house". anyway, this morning, this was all i could think of. so the wife got up and sat by the shower while i cleaned up. weird enough already, huh?

got dressed, got in my car and started up the road to the expressway to go to Donna (the town i teach in). i spotted cop cars ahead with flashing lights and it looked like an accident had happened, so i turned off the road to a side street and then i was going to cut back to the expressway. anyway, i drove down this road (which is parallel to the expressway) for about 10 minutes, trying to convince myself to turn back towards the expressway, but i was scared i would go the wrong way. very paranoid and freaked out. i kept repeating, "i'm lost, i'm lost" over and over again. just as i finally got the guts to start to turn, i saw cop lights on the road i had been traveling down (in a novel, i would say this is some sort of forshadowing or representative imagery). so just as i had changed my course because of cops the first time, the second time just as i turned i saw cops. i eventually got on the expressway.

when i arrived in Donna, i saw a cop pass by and do a "U" and turn around behind me. freaked me out completely. my license plate tags are out and i don't want to deal with a ticket. so i drove extremely careful all the way to my school. as i got out of my car, i realized my shirt wasn't fitting me right (i am a large man, so this is not unbelievable). so i was nervous some part of me would be uncovered. to compound it, all morning, i have been listening to two flaming lips' albums monty loaned me. they have such a weird feel and they have really contributed to the strangeness of my morning.

it has been a weird day, and school hasn't even started yet. i am sure a certain number of people will mock me for various reasons, but on a blog i can be brave and speak my mind. there you go.

4 Comments:

Blogger jayne said...

That is pretty weird...And I happen to be wearing my Flaming Lips T-shirt today! Not that it would really mean anything since I'm sure that at any given point in time someone somewhere would be listening to the Flaming Lips while I'm wearing my shirt.. but.. yeah, I just thought I'd share.

December 21, 2004 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger .:pseudonym:. said...

uncanny! i get that sometimes, the cops part. like suddenly things are being played out in front of you. i dunno, it just feels weird when it happens

December 21, 2004 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger WDV said...

nice to know someone else is as weird as me... he he

December 22, 2004 at 5:26 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

uhhhh...fear, dread, and paranoia is my middle name.

December 23, 2004 at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home